Our Congregation, by a special design of God, was founded by Mother Maria Amada del Niño Jesus (Maria Regina Sanchez Muñoz), nun of the Order of the Incarnate Verb and the Blessed Sacrament, in the city of Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico, in the year 1926, during a time of the religious persecution experienced by the Mexican Nation.
Our Institute of Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of Guadalupe (whose initials in Spanish are: MSCGpe), by the grace of God and the Holy See, is in the Church a Religious Congregation of Pontifical Right. It is intended to overall promote the glory of God and the sanctification of each of its members, in intimate communion with the Holy Trinity and by the practice of the evangelical counsels of chastity, poverty and obedience, lived in community with an intense love and increasingly ardent to the Heart of Jesus, to feed its apostolic zeal for the extension of his Kingdom of love throughout the world following the example of Santa Maria de Guadalupe.
a) Pious Union: Awarded to our Institute by decree of March 12th, 1941 by the Archbishop of Mexico D. Luis Maria Martinez.
b) Diocesan: Granted by rescript of June 25, 1947, under the pontificate of His Holiness Pius XII. Archbishop Primate of Mexico, D. Luis Maria Martinez made the decree of canonical erection of September 5th 1947.
c) Pontifical: Pope Paul VI grants us the “Decree of Praise” on July 29th, 1964.